ABOUT THE PEDIATRIC ACADEMIC SOCIETIES (PAS) 2020 MEETING
The Pediatric Academic Societies 2020 Meeting will be held at the Pennsylvania Convention Center from Wednesday, April 29 through Wednesday, May 6, 2020. The PAS Meeting brings together thousands of pediatricians and other health care providers united by a common mission: improve the health and well-being of children worldwide. The PAS Meeting is the largest and most prestigious pediatric research meeting in the world, bringing together over 7,500 scientific attendees.
Registration is required for admittance to all invited scientific sessions, platform sessions, exhibits, posters, award presentations, and other meeting events, unless otherwise indicated, in the program schedule.
Scientific sessions, exhibits and posters will take place in Pennsylvania Convention Center.
Assistance for Attendees with Special Needs
PAS is committed to assisting attendees with special needs. We urge individuals requiring assistance to contact us in advance of the meeting by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org with your specific request, using the phrase “Assistance with Special Needs” in the subject line.
Attractions and Local Activities
Please visit Visit Philadelphia.
Attire is business casual.
Camera, Mobile Phone, and Video Recording Policies
Attendees are strictly prohibited from using cameras, including mobile phone and tablet cameras, and all other audio and/or video recording devices in all scientific sessions.
This means attendees may not take photos or video of speakers presenting or their slides. Attendees not adhering to this policy may be asked to leave the room and will be asked to delete all photos or videos already taken; additional action may be taken with repeated or egregious offenders.
Attendees are asked to be respectful of their colleagues by turning off all mobile devices before entering meeting rooms.
Session Videos: PAS will set up a secure website to share videos of certain sessions, including the Presidential Address, Invited Sessions, and special symposia. Presenters at these sessions will be asked to indicate whether their session videos may be shared.
Poster Photo Policy: Attendees may take photos of posters if the poster author agrees.
Official photographs will be taken at the PAS 2020 Meeting. By registering for this meeting, you agree to allow PAS to use your photo in any PAS-related publications, including the PAS website.
Child Care/Family Room
KiddieCorp Child Care at PAS 2020
Locations Provided to Registrants
Children ages 6 months – 12 years
Thank you for your interest in the Pediatric Academic Societies children’s program staffed by KiddieCorp, provider of high-quality childcare at pediatric conventions, trade shows and special events for over 31 years. KiddieCorp engages your children in a program they love while giving you critical peace of mind so you can make the most of the event!
Age-appropriate activities include daily themes, arts & crafts, group games, music & movement, board games, story time, and self-directed play using safe, sturdy equipment that you can feel comfortable with. Snacks and beverages are provided; meals must be supplied by parents or purchased when checking in your child each day.
KiddieCorp team members are selected according to their integrity, experience, education, enthusiasm, and rapport with kids. In addition to carrying ample liability insurance, their low staff-to-child ratio ensures every child has a comfortable, safe and happy experience.
Child Age — Staff Ratio
6 – 11 months — 1:2
1 – 2 years — 1:3
3 – 5 years — 1:5
6 -12 years — 1:7
Advance registration deadline is March 31. Register early, as availability is limited and handled on a *first-come, first-served basis.
*KiddieCorp must receive both the registration form and payment in full to hold reservations. Although every effort will be made to accommodate on-site registrations, there is no guarantee and it is not recommended.
Nursing Mothers Lounge
A Nursing Mothers Lounge will be in the convention center to give parents and children a place to relax during the meeting. The room will be equipped with comfortable furniture and separate private areas for nursing mothers. Attendees may not use this room for babysitting purposes.
Coat check and luggage will be available at the convention center.
Please see the exhibits page for details.
Complimentary wi-fi will be available to all meeting registrants in all public lobbies and meeting spaces of the convention center.
Lost and Found
Please visit the PAS Information Desk.
There are food concessions within the convention center, as well as many restaurants nearby.
- Recording of Sessions: The use of cameras and audio recording equipment (including, but not limited to, camera-enabled cellular phones, film, digital and video) is prohibited anywhere during the conference without prior written permission from the PAS.
- Conduct: PAS expects professional conduct by its meeting attendees at all times. PAS reserves the right to refuse admittance to or expel from the meeting anyone who PAS determines is behaving in a manner that could be disruptive to the meeting or any other attendee or is not in the best interest of PAS. In such event, no refunds will be given. Code of Conduct.
- Right to use name & likeness: In consideration for my participation in the PAS Meeting, I hereby grant PAS the perpetual, world-wide, royalty-free right and permission to record, photograph, use and distribute (royalty-free, both now and in the future) my image, name, and voice in all forms and all media including, without limitation, photographs, electronic reproductions and transmission of images and audio files, webcasting, and any and all other uses on the internet for any and all PAS’s lawful purposes.
- Waiver & release: By registering for this meeting, I acknowledge and assume all risks associated with participation in the meeting and any associated events/activities (e.g. Opening Reception)..I hereby knowingly and voluntarily waive and release PAS, its employees, directors, officers, volunteers, agents, successors, licensees, assigns, vendors and sponsors from any and all claims, liabilities, or causes of action, including without limitation, death, bodily injury, property damage, or any other loss, damage, or any inconvenience whatsoever, arising from participation in this meeting and any associated events/activities whether or not such damage, injury, or loss may occur on the premises of the meeting, at offsite venues, in participating hotels or on event ground transportation.
- Guests: I certify that I have read, understood and agree to abide by the waiver and terms and conditions stated above for myself and for my guest(s).
- Americans with Disabilities Act: In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, PAS will make all reasonable efforts to accommodate persons with disabilities. Contact PAS in order to make arrangements.
- Social Media Policy: Except as provided below, PAS encourages all of its members and meeting attendees to participate in public discussions through social networking including but not limited to social networking sites such as Facebook, Twitter and Linked In, as well as blogs. At the same time, PAS expects that such individuals will make statements that are in the best interests of PAS and will not engage in any inappropriate statements or statements which would be detrimental to the PAS as a whole. PAS retains the right to take appropriate action to remove any content or postings it determines is contrary to PAS’s interests. For invited science sessions, no speaker, presenter or attendee may photograph, videotape, audiotape, or otherwise capture the content of such session and/or discuss such sessions through social networking. In any other type of sessions, including poster sessions, speakers, presenters and attendees may photograph, videotape, audiotape, or otherwise capture the content of such session (unless otherwise advised by the speaker/presenter) and may participate in public discussions regarding the session on social networking sites.
- Copyright statement: The presentations, handouts and other related materials (“Materials”) which are part of PAS Meeting are the copyrighted intellectual property of the owner and no use of such materials may be used in any way without the prior written consent of the copyright owner.
Disclaimer: The views expressed by any meeting attendee, speaker, exhibitor or sponsor are those of the speaker and not necessarily those of PAS. As such, PAS shall not be held liable for any claims relating to reliance on such views.
A prayer/meditation room will be available in the convention center.
PAS welcomes press/media who wish to attend the meeting. Please see our Press section for details on press guidelines, policies, and registration.
All registration information, including attendee categories, rates, deadlines, payment details, the registration form, and registration hours, can be found in the registration section. If you have questions, please email email@example.com using the phrase “Meeting Registration Question” in the subject line.
Safety and First Aid
Please check back for updated information in April.
Please see the Schedule at a Glance for this information.
Social Media Guidelines
While we encourage the use of social media before, during, and after the meeting as a way to share information and network with other attendees, we remind you to adhere to PAS’ social media do’s and don’ts:
- Follow PAS on Twitter (@PASMeeting) and use the hashtag #PAS2020 to join the conversation about the meeting.
- Like us on Facebook
- Follow us on Instagram
- Blog or tweet about what you hear and learn at the meeting, but refrain from sharing when the speaker explicitly asks not to share. Talks are tweetable and shareable by default, but speakers can ask that attendees not share specific details or slides.
- Converse and network with other attendees before, during, and after the conference.
- Provide feedback to staff and the committee members – we encourage attendees to post about and discuss topics of interest and ideas for future annual meetings.
- Communicate with respect and consideration for others, and keep criticism constructive.
- Capture, transmit, or redistribute data presented at the meeting – this may preclude its later publication in a scientific journal. Please adhere to journal embargo policies and do not jeopardize your colleagues’ work!
- Post copyrighted or trademarked material, or material protected by other intellectual property rights.
- Use PAS’ social media platforms to comment on medical, legal, or litigious matters.
- Post derogatory, demeaning, inflammatory, offensive, disrespectful, hateful, sales-oriented, or otherwise inappropriate comments.
People who participate in social media activity associated with the meeting are expected to:
- Maintain a courteous and respectful demeanor in their comments and posts.
- Contribute value and expertise.
- Represent themselves and their organizations truthfully and professionally.
- Recognize that social media conversations include professionals, patients, policymakers, reporters, and the general public.
The views and opinions posted on PAS’ social media do not necessarily reflect the views, opinions, or policies of PAS, its leadership, staff, or membership. PAS reserves the right to remove comments it deems, in its sole discretion, to be inappropriate.