PAS Tax ID: 20-8325838
Ends April 9, 2020, 11:59 ET
April 9 – May 5, 2020, 11:59 ET
|Allied Health Professional||$610||$660|
|Exhibitors||See Exhibitor Page||See Exhibitor Page|
**ONSITE REGISTRATION NOTICE: Credit cards are the only accepted form of payment for onsite registration. Check and Cash will no longer be accepted.
Registration receipts/confirmations will be emailed, however if you do not receive a receipt, visit the website, enter the email address used to register and resend it.
Deadline for Refunds: April 10, 2020
Please see the FAQ’s below for registration supported window browsers.
Letter of Invitation
Registration Receipt, Transfers, and Badges
A registration receipt will be auto emailed to the attendee’s email address immediately following online meeting registration.
Badges will not be mailed in advance. You may pick up your badge at on-site registration in the Pennsylvania Convention Center. If you forget to wear your badge, you will be asked to purchase a replacement badge.
Meeting registrations cannot be transferred to another person. If the registrant cannot attend the meeting for any reason, his/her registration must be cancelled, and the replacement person must register for the meeting separately.
Registration Updates/Add Events
To review your registration information, make address changes, or have your confirmation re-sent, enter the email you registered into the registration page and follow the instructions.
A 20 percent fee will be withheld from registration cancellation or change requests on or before April 10, 2020.
We regret refunds or change requests cannot be issued or made after April 10, 2020.
Certificate of Attendance
Past Program Guides and Abstracts
NOTE: PAS 2020 Meeting certificates will not be available until Friday, May 1, 2020.
Hotel Information and Reservations
Be sure to add your hotel rewards number when booking to receive points for your loyalty program.
There are many advantages to staying at one of the official PAS hotels:
- Discounted hotel rates.
- Complimentary shuttle bus transportation to the convention center from all meeting hotels which are considered non-walking properties.
- Receiving important meeting information upon check-in.
- Each hotel is inspected for quality by SPARGO, Inc., our official housing company.
- The hotel staff are more knowledgeable about the many sessions and events that take place during the meeting.
- Convenience of staying at the hotel most aligned with the after-hours society functions and sessions you want to attend.
- Allowing PAS to negotiate stronger hotel rates for future conferences.
PAS Official Hotels
|Aloft Philadelphia Downtown||101 N Broad Street||$249|
|Cambria Philadelphia Downtown City Center||219 S Broad Street||$229|
|Canopy by Hilton Philadelphia Center City||1180 Ludlow Street||$269|
|The Notary by Marriott Philadelphia Downtown||21 N Juniper Street||$269|
|Hampton Inn Philadelphia Center City||1301 Race Street||$239|
|Hilton Garden Philadelphia Center City||1100 Arch Street||$249|
|Hilton Philadelphia at Penn’s Landing||201 S Christopher Columbus Blvd||$209|
|Home 2 Suites by Hilton Philadelphia Convention Center||1200 Arch Street||$239|
|Le Méridien Philadelphia,||1421 Arch Street||$259|
|Loews Philadelphia Hotel – HEADQUARTER HOTEL||1200 Market Street||$250|
|Philadelphia Marriott Downtown – HEADQUARTER HOTEL||1201 Market Street||$279|
|Philadelphia 201 Hotel (formerly Sheraton Philadelphia Downtown)||201 North 17th Street||$239|
|Residence Inn by Marriott Philadelphia||1 E. Penn Square||$289|
|Sonesta Hotel Rittenhouse Square||1800 Market Street||$219|
Map of Hotels
View our frequently asked questions for more information about housing. To contact Spargo, send email to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 877-585-6002.
Beware of Unauthorized Hotel Solicitations
PAS Will Not Contact You to Make a Reservation!
Note that Spargo, Inc. is the only official housing company associated with our event. While other hotel resellers may set up unofficial websites or contact you offering housing for your trip, they are not endorsed by or affiliated with the show. PAS does not share its attendee list. Beware that entering into financial agreements with non-endorsed companies could lead to fraudulent credit card transactions. If you come across these sites or are contacted by unofficial housing companies, please contact the PAS Programming office at info@PASMeeting.org.
Please check the appropriate box on the hotel reservation form to indicate any special needs such as wheelchair, vision-impaired, and hearing-impaired accessible rooms.
Hotel confirmations will be emailed to you from PASHousing@spargoinc.com once your reservation has been confirmed. An email address is mandatory to receive a reservation confirmation. Remember to check your spam email for your confirmation. You will not receive a separate confirmation from your hotel.
Deposits/Payment and Policies
A deposit equal to one night’s room and tax is required to guarantee your reservation(s). You will be required to provide a valid credit card, with an expiration date after your scheduled departure date. Your credit card will not be charged at the time of booking. The hotel, not Spargo, may charge your deposit up to 30 days prior to check-in. If you plan to use one credit card to pay for multiple reservations, please email email@example.com for a credit card authorization form. Reservations not guaranteed with a payment method will not be processed.
Reservations must be cancelled at least three days (72 hours) prior to arrival to avoid loss of deposit.
If you need to make any changes or cancellations to your reservation on or before April 10, 2020, make your changes through the Spargo online reservation system or call 877-585-6002. Changes made after April 10 must be made with the hotel directly. All changes are based on availability.
Failure to arrive on your confirmed date will result in one night’s room and tax no-show penalty (charged to the credit card provided).
Attendee (not exhibitors) Group Reservations (10+ Rooms)
Deadline to reserve a block: Wednesday, April 10, 2020, 3 pm EST
Deadline to provide staff names: Wednesday, April 10, 2020, 3 pm EST
Your group request will be submitted directly to Spargo, who will follow up with you within three business days. Requests received will be assigned on a first-come, first-served basis and are based on hotel availability as well as PAS approval. Depending on the number of rooms requested, your group may be assigned to more than one hotel. Every effort will be made to place you at your preferred hotel(s). If none are available, Spargo will contact you with other hotel options. All reservations require a deposit of one night’s room and tax by a major credit card. Your credit card will be held as a guarantee for the rooms and will be charged approximately 30 days before arrival and check-in date.
10+ Rooms: Name Assignments/Attrition/Policies
Every group reserving 10 rooms or more must agree to a room block agreement contract. Once the group block is confirmed, each group will be responsible for picking up 80 percent of the block’s total room nights. Groups will be required to confirm the total number of room nights needed as well as a list of names assigned to the block by Wednesday, April 10. Any rooms not confirmed by this date will be released. Should the actual block fall below 80 percent of the confirmed block, the group will be billed the difference between the hotel’s actual pickup numbers and 80 percent of the agreed-upon total room nights. These monies are due within 30 days of receipt of invoice.
Rooms without names will be released from the group block and placed in attendee general sale on Wednesday, April 10, 2020. You will still have an opportunity to change names after this date but will not be able to keep unused rooms.
Changes/Cancellations: After Wednesday, April 10, 2020 all changes and cancellations must be made in writing to the hotel at least three days (72 hours) prior to arrival. Cancellations received less than these times will be charged one night’s room and tax cancellation fee (to the credit card provided) in addition to forfeiture of your hotel deposit. Failure to arrive on your confirmed date will result in one night’s room and tax no-show penalty per reservation (charged to the credit card provided).
ABOUT THE PEDIATRIC ACADEMIC SOCIETIES (PAS) 2020 MEETING
The Pediatric Academic Societies 2020 Meeting will be held at the Pennsylvania Convention Center from Wednesday, April 29 through Wednesday, May 6, 2020. The PAS Meeting brings together thousands of pediatricians and other health care providers united by a common mission: improve the health and well-being of children worldwide. The PAS Meeting is the largest and most prestigious pediatric research meeting in the world, bringing together over 7,500 scientific attendees.
Registration is required for admittance to all invited scientific sessions, platform sessions, exhibits, posters, award presentations, and other meeting events, unless otherwise indicated, in the program schedule.
Scientific sessions, exhibits and posters will take place in Pennsylvania Convention Center.
|Pennsylvania Convention Center
1101 Arch Street
|Philadelphia Marriott Downtown (Headquarter Hotel)
Loews Philadelphia Hotel (Headquarter Hotel)
Assistance for Attendees with Special Needs
PAS is committed to assisting attendees with special needs. We urge individuals requiring assistance to contact us in advance of the meeting by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org with your specific request, using the phrase “Assistance with Special Needs” in the subject line.
Attractions and Local Activities
Please visit Visit Philadelphia.
Attire is business casual.
Camera, Mobile Phone, and Video Recording Policies
Attendees are strictly prohibited from using cameras, including mobile phone and tablet cameras, and all other audio and/or video recording devices in all scientific sessions.
This means attendees may not take photos or video of speakers presenting or their slides. Attendees not adhering to this policy may be asked to leave the room and will be asked to delete all photos or videos already taken; additional action may be taken with repeated or egregious offenders.
Attendees are asked to be respectful of their colleagues by turning off all mobile devices before entering meeting rooms.
Session Videos: PAS will set up a secure website to share videos of certain sessions, including the Presidential Address, Invited Sessions, and special symposia. Presenters at these sessions will be asked to indicate whether their session videos may be shared.
Poster Photo Policy: Attendees may take photos of posters if the poster author agrees.
Official photographs will be taken at the PAS 2020 Meeting. By registering for this meeting, you agree to allow PAS to use your photo in any PAS-related publications, including the PAS website.
Child Care/Family Room
KiddieCorp Child Care at PAS 2020
Locations Provided to Registrants
Children ages 6 months – 12 years
Thank you for your interest in the Pediatric Academic Societies children’s program staffed by KiddieCorp, provider of high-quality childcare at pediatric conventions, trade shows and special events for over 31 years. KiddieCorp engages your children in a program they love while giving you critical peace of mind so you can make the most of the event!
Age-appropriate activities include daily themes, arts & crafts, group games, music & movement, board games, story time, and self-directed play using safe, sturdy equipment that you can feel comfortable with. Snacks and beverages are provided; meals must be supplied by parents or purchased when checking in your child each day.
KiddieCorp team members are selected according to their integrity, experience, education, enthusiasm, and rapport with kids. In addition to carrying ample liability insurance, their low staff-to-child ratio ensures every child has a comfortable, safe and happy experience.
Child Age — Staff Ratio
6 – 11 months — 1:2
1 – 2 years — 1:3
3 – 5 years — 1:5
6 -12 years — 1:7
Advance registration deadline is March 31. Register early, as availability is limited and handled on a *first-come, first-served basis.
*KiddieCorp must receive both the registration form and payment in full to hold reservations. Although every effort will be made to accommodate on-site registrations, there is no guarantee and it is not recommended.
Nursing Mothers Lounge
A Nursing Mothers Lounge will be in the convention center to give parents and children a place to relax during the meeting. The room will be equipped with comfortable furniture and separate private areas for nursing mothers. Attendees may not use this room for babysitting purposes.
Coat check and luggage will be available at the convention center.
Please see the exhibits page for details.
Complimentary wi-fi will be available to all meeting registrants in all public lobbies and meeting spaces of the convention center.
Lost and Found
Please visit the PAS Information Desk.
There are food concessions within the convention center, as well as many restaurants nearby.
- Recording of Sessions: The use of cameras and audio recording equipment (including, but not limited to, camera-enabled cellular phones, film, digital and video) is prohibited anywhere during the conference without prior written permission from the PAS.
- Conduct: PAS expects professional conduct by its meeting attendees at all times. PAS reserves the right to refuse admittance to or expel from the meeting anyone who PAS determines is behaving in a manner that could be disruptive to the meeting or any other attendee or is not in the best interest of PAS. In such event, no refunds will be given. Code of Conduct.
- Right to use name & likeness: In consideration for my participation in the PAS Meeting, I hereby grant PAS the perpetual, world-wide, royalty-free right and permission to record, photograph, use and distribute (royalty-free, both now and in the future) my image, name, and voice in all forms and all media including, without limitation, photographs, electronic reproductions and transmission of images and audio files, webcasting, and any and all other uses on the internet for any and all PAS’s lawful purposes.
- Waiver & release: By registering for this meeting, I acknowledge and assume all risks associated with participation in the meeting and any associated events/activities (e.g. Opening Reception)..I hereby knowingly and voluntarily waive and release PAS, its employees, directors, officers, volunteers, agents, successors, licensees, assigns, vendors and sponsors from any and all claims, liabilities, or causes of action, including without limitation, death, bodily injury, property damage, or any other loss, damage, or any inconvenience whatsoever, arising from participation in this meeting and any associated events/activities whether or not such damage, injury, or loss may occur on the premises of the meeting, at offsite venues, in participating hotels or on event ground transportation.
- Guests: I certify that I have read, understood and agree to abide by the waiver and terms and conditions stated above for myself and for my guest(s).
- Americans with Disabilities Act: In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, PAS will make all reasonable efforts to accommodate persons with disabilities. Contact PAS in order to make arrangements.
- Social Media Policy: Except as provided below, PAS encourages all of its members and meeting attendees to participate in public discussions through social networking including but not limited to social networking sites such as Facebook, Twitter and Linked In, as well as blogs. At the same time, PAS expects that such individuals will make statements that are in the best interests of PAS and will not engage in any inappropriate statements or statements which would be detrimental to the PAS as a whole. PAS retains the right to take appropriate action to remove any content or postings it determines is contrary to PAS’s interests. For invited science sessions, no speaker, presenter or attendee may photograph, videotape, audiotape, or otherwise capture the content of such session and/or discuss such sessions through social networking. In any other type of sessions, including poster sessions, speakers, presenters and attendees may photograph, videotape, audiotape, or otherwise capture the content of such session (unless otherwise advised by the speaker/presenter) and may participate in public discussions regarding the session on social networking sites.
- Copyright statement: The presentations, handouts and other related materials (“Materials”) which are part of PAS Meeting are the copyrighted intellectual property of the owner and no use of such materials may be used in any way without the prior written consent of the copyright owner.
Disclaimer: The views expressed by any meeting attendee, speaker, exhibitor or sponsor are those of the speaker and not necessarily those of PAS. As such, PAS shall not be held liable for any claims relating to reliance on such views.
A prayer/meditation room will be available in the convention center.
PAS welcomes press/media who wish to attend the meeting. Please see our Press section for details on press guidelines, policies, and registration.
All registration information, including attendee categories, rates, deadlines, payment details, the registration form, and registration hours, can be found in the registration section. If you have questions, please email email@example.com using the phrase “Meeting Registration Question” in the subject line.
Safety and First Aid
Safety – As you travel, please be aware of your surroundings and take common sense measures to protect yourself and your personal items. If necessary, PAS or local authorities will share security-related information via the PAS App, announcements, or other channels.
To report an emergency at the PCC dial 215.418.4911 from any house phone
First Aid – Available during conference hours – Pennsylvania Convention Center – Level 200, Grand Hall – Near UPS Business Center
Social Media Guidelines
While we encourage the use of social media before, during, and after the meeting as a way to share information and network with other attendees, we remind you to adhere to PAS’ social media do’s and don’ts:
- Follow PAS on Twitter (@PASMeeting) and use the hashtag #PAS2020 to join the conversation about the meeting.
- Like us on Facebook
- Follow us on Instagram
- Blog or tweet about what you hear and learn at the meeting, but refrain from sharing when the speaker explicitly asks not to share. Talks are tweetable and shareable by default, but speakers can ask that attendees not share specific details or slides.
- Converse and network with other attendees before, during, and after the conference.
- Provide feedback to staff and the committee members – we encourage attendees to post about and discuss topics of interest and ideas for future annual meetings.
- Communicate with respect and consideration for others, and keep criticism constructive.
- Capture, transmit, or redistribute data presented at the meeting – this may preclude its later publication in a scientific journal. Please adhere to journal embargo policies and do not jeopardize your colleagues’ work!
- Post copyrighted or trademarked material, or material protected by other intellectual property rights.
- Use PAS’ social media platforms to comment on medical, legal, or litigious matters.
- Post derogatory, demeaning, inflammatory, offensive, disrespectful, hateful, sales-oriented, or otherwise inappropriate comments.
People who participate in social media activity associated with the meeting are expected to:
- Maintain a courteous and respectful demeanor in their comments and posts.
- Contribute value and expertise.
- Represent themselves and their organizations truthfully and professionally.
- Recognize that social media conversations include professionals, patients, policymakers, reporters, and the general public.
The views and opinions posted on PAS’ social media do not necessarily reflect the views, opinions, or policies of PAS, its leadership, staff, or membership. PAS reserves the right to remove comments it deems, in its sole discretion, to be inappropriate.
CME Credits and MOC Points
Claim CME and MOC
- Click here to begin the CME and MOC claims process.
- Log in by entering the email address used to register for the PAS Meeting. Enter your unique Access Key. This would have been provided in an email from Baylor College of Medicine. You may also click on `Resend Invitation Email’ to receive a new Access Key.
Accreditation and Credit Designation Statements
This activity has been planned and implemented in accordance with the accreditation requirements and policies of the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) through the joint providership of Baylor College of Medicine and American Pediatric Society and Society for Pediatric Research. Baylor College of Medicine is accredited by the ACCME to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
Baylor College of Medicine designates the live activity, PAS 2020 Meeting will offer a total of between 38 – 42 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™-more details to come in April 2020. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Baylor College of Medicine designates the live activity, APPD/PAS Fellows Core Curriculum Series will offer approximately 5.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™ – more details in April, 2020. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Maintenance of Certification (MOC)
Successful completion of this CME activity, which includes participation in the activity and individual assessment of and feedback to the learner, enables the learner to earn up to 10.0 MOC points in the American Board of Pediatrics’ (ABP) Maintenance of Certification (MOC) program. It is the CME activity provider’s responsibility to submit learner completion information to ACCME for the purpose of granting ABP MOC credit.”
Submission for ABP MOC Part 2 points is a 3-step process through the Evaluation, Certificate, and MOC Portal which opens Tuesday, April 30, 2019. Attendees will be asked to complete the meeting evaluation, claim their CME Certificate, before being prompted to complete the MOC reflective assessment process.
Attendees may use the worksheet available to document their learning reflections for five (5) sessions that they attended. Attendees are asked to reflect, identify new knowledge, updates, strategies, professional practice changes, and/or insights gained as a result of the sessions attended. The answers should be unique to the new knowledge gained and specific to the session. Each reflection will be limited to 150 words. For examples of reflective responses that meet the passing standard and those that do not, see Appendix A of the Knowledge and Self-Assessment Process. ALL FIELDS MUST BE COMPLETED AT THE TIME OF ENTRY AND SUBMITTED IN ORDER TO HAVE RESPONSES TRANSMITTED. It is recommended that attendees complete the worksheet in preparation to copy and paste them into the fields.
Please visit the ACCME website for a full list of resources: http://www.accme.org/accreditation-rules/standards-for-commercial-support
Additional Information and Instructions Coming Soon
MOC Process Flowchart
MOC Knowledge and Self-Assessment Process
MOC Reflections Worksheet
MOC Eligible Sessions
PAS General Meeting Frequently Asked Questions
Where will the meeting take place?
- Philadelphia, PA – April 29 – May 6, 2020
What is the address for the Pennsylvania Convention Center?
- 1101 Arch St
Philadelphia, PA 19107
What types of sessions will the meeting include?
- Session types can be found here: http://2020.pas-meeting.org/program/#sessiontype
When will registration open?
- November 5, 2019
Registration supported browser
SUPPORTED WINDOW BROWSERS
Windows Operating Systems
Internet Explorer 9, 10 and 11
- From the menu bar, select Tools->Internet Options.
- Click the Privacy tab and un-check the Turn on Pop-up Blocker check box.
- Click OK to save the change.
Mozilla Firefox 69x
Google Chrome 77x
Mac Operating Systems
- Mozilla Firefox 69x
- Apple Safari 11x
- Apple Safari 12x/13x
- From the Safari menu, click Preferences.
- Select the Websites tab and then click on Pop-Up Windows on the left menu.
- At the bottom, set the option “When visiting other websites” to “Allow.”
Are there 1-day passes to attend the meeting?
- PAS meeting does not offer 1 day registration passes.
What does a family badge include?
- Access to all meeting events and sessions.
When is the deadline to submit an abstract?
- January 6, 2020 @ 11:59 P.M. EST.
What is the headquarter hotel?
We have 2 this year:
- Loews Philadelphia Hotel, 1200 Market Street, 215.627.1200
- Philadelphia Marriott Downtown, 1201 Market Street, 215.625.2000
How can I secure my hotel?
- You can make your hotel reservation during the registration process.
When is the deadline for hotel accommodations?
- March 30, 2020
Does PAS provide child care during the meeting?
- There is childcare available at the meeting. Additional information is above in the general information section.
How do I obtain a letter of invitation and visa?
- Print your letter of invitation to the PAS Meeting. We do not assist in the visa application process.
Will materials and badges be mailed in advance?
- No, you will be able to print your attendee badge and pick up your meeting materials onsite.
What is the cancellation policy?
- A 20 percent fee will be withheld from registration cancellations requested on or before April 10, 2020. There will be no refunds after April 10, 2020.
If I am am an abstract present at the PAS meeting do I still need to register?
- Yes, all abstract presenters are required to register for the PAS Meeting.
Do I qualify as a trainee?
- You may register as a trainee if you are currently in a residency or fellowship program, or you are still a student (high school, undergrad, or graduate level).
- Post doctoral positions do not qualify for trainee registration.