Presentation Guidelines: Scholarly Session Speakers
The length of your presentation is determined by the session chair, including whether your time slot incorporates a Q&A period. Please refer to the Online Program Guide or mobile app for details. If you have questions, please contact the session chair directly, or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please adhere carefully to the time schedule out of respect for the other presenters.
PowerPoint Slide Design:
- You must state whether you have any conflict of interest at the beginning of the talk and you must include a Conflict of Interest disclosure slide even if there is nothing to disclose.
- Create your slides in the 16 x 9 format.
- Estimate 45-60 seconds for each slide; 10-14 slides will fill at 10-minute slot.
- Use bullet points, not full sentences.
- Edit your slides to essential words.
- Use tables, lists, figures and diagrams whenever possible.
- Font sizes < 20 should be avoided.
Recommendations for Presentations
- Talk slowly and clearly – if you have too many slides, you will feel rushed
- Face the audience, not the computer or slides
- When presenting graphs, figures or tables, orient the listener to them. For example, stating things like “the y axis represents concentration of breast milk. The x-axis represents time… “
AV Guidelines, Presentation Upload, and Speaker Ready Room
All presentations must be uploaded to the PAS Presentation Management Website. Your final submission is required at least 8 hours in advance of your session. Speaker check in is required at least 8 hours in advance of your presentation in the Speaker Ready Room, Pennsylvania Convention Center – Level 200, Room 204 C. This will ensure the quality of your presentation(s) including fonts, bullets, outlines, animations, etc. Allow extra time if polling slides need to be created.
Polling & Q&A
The PAS 2020 Meeting offers polling and Q&A through the mobile app using Conferences i/o (Scholarly Sessions, Workshops, and SIGs only.) All polling and Q&A in presentations must be done through Conferences i/o; we will not support other polling platforms such as Poll Everywhere.